Friday, June 12, 2009

dream 022

I was going to visit Greg. He lived kind of far away in a small town. Took note of trashy places I'd walk by that greg had mentioned before in passing and used them to navigate my way to town. I packed my belongings in a plastic Walmart bag. I was alone on the side of the road fishing for something in my bag and a truck of 20-year-old-ish guys drove by. I was dressed really nice, since I was going to see Greg and meet his family. The guy yelled as they drove by, "you're gonna be my girlfriend!" Then they drove by again and whistled, and then back the opposite direction once more as he yelled, "you're gonna date me!" I was worried they thought I was a hooker but I wasn't wearing anything hooker-like that would make them think that. Apparently no one in that town had ever seen anyone like me and people kept stopping me on the street asking if I was a famous actress.

I met a boy who took me to the school in town. We headed to class and from the start, the evil teacher had it out for me, as did the students, except for a few of them, plus the boy who's befriended me. I got all answers right. I tried not to offend when answering correctly adfter a little boy/girl? who'd gotten it wrong. When I answered he/she became furious and spontaneously combusted and all of his/her body pieces flew into a cubby along the wall. Finally he/she morphed back into a body and the teacher told him/her that he/she could use his/her powers to do whatever he/she wanted to do to me, and I pleaded that he/she not kill or harm me, and gently explained myself and tried to get him/her and the rest of the class on my side so they'd stop feeling threatened by me and wanting me out of there. The rest of the class went fine, until another girl answered incorrectly. her punishment, or so I thought, came when the teacher smacked her upside the back of her head. Dust flew out of her head and the teacher explained that that had some importance. She took the girl outside and continued to slap her head as they walked across and down an adjacent street. There was a family of homeless people huddled on the opposite corner they were walking, and as we, still in the classroom, watched out the window, I was the only one who thought it was weird that they nor any of the passersby thought that she was harming the girl. They didn't come back.

Then, I was at my Nana Bruschart's huge house. (She died when I was really little and I have no memory of her or her house or where she lived, so this whole part of the dream is all completely conjured up y my brain.) We were all wearing VERY elaborate 1700s-style dresses.

No comments: